Sunday, May 2, 2010

Update

So 80 percent of Larium takers say the mood swings go away after 2 weeks. This is good news for everyone.

I'm not sure if I am supposed to enjoy this, but my dreams are now really intriguing and vivid. I wake up and I can remember every detail. The story line even. I could never do that before. I'm definitely not getting enough sleep. Maybe I should start a dream journal again.

So I'm half way through the first volume of Stanley. To keep from total boredom and the racism on repeat I've looked at some of the stylistic things he wields to engage the reader in his narrative. He is mostly descriptive, but he uses dialogue when he is having conversations that make him look larger than life and sensible. One thing that I want to do better than him is see the character behind the quotation marks. Dialogue is a great way to mix it up, but it looks like he is just having a conversation with himself to reinforce whatever cover motives he had of going through Africa.

9 Days Left. 26 Things left on my to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment