Saturday, July 10, 2010

And We're Back

Hello friends and family!

We are back from an exciting and much needed mid semester retreat. We did everything to sight seeing at Cape Coast, hiking, and canoeing the White Volta, to visiting a waterfall and the monkey sanctuary in Fiema. Now the research resumes.

Things are going really well. I’ve had some great focus groups, and I’ve finally got some friends at school. Michael takes good care of me. Whether he is translating, teaching me how to eat soup with my hands, helping me when I slide off the road (literally), or rallying up a class for my poetry lessons, I can always count on him. I’m getting answers to questions I didn’t even know I had. Even the disappointments have helped my project grow in the right direction.

My only fear now is not getting it all in. I can feel stressed-out-Ava coming back as we are inching closer to the end. I hate goodbyes. I hate that I am thinking about them already, so I won’t dwell on it. School ends at the end of this month, so I’ll put my energies there and the rest will hopefully fall into place.

Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment